Effects of crochet technique associated with kinesiotherapy in patients with chronic low back pain
Angélica Castilho Alonso, Michele Figueira Nunes, Flávia Domingues Alves, Michele Oio Rodrigues de Souza, Cristina Prota, Alexandre Sabbag da Silva, Roberta Luksevicius Rica, Adriano Fortes Maia, Welmo Alcântara Barbosa, Alana de Sena Souza, Guilherme Carlos Brech, Danilo Sales Bocalini
Background: The chronic low back pain (LBP) had been considered an important occupational disorder with several strategy available to treatment, however, few studies had been evaluated the treatment combination. Objectives: The aim of present study was compared the effects of combination of crocheting associated to Kinesiotherapy treatment and Kinesiotherapy isolated treatment on function of lumbar spine and pain during achievement of daily life in patients with chronic LBP. Methods: Forty subjects were distributed randomly in two groups: Crochetagem + Kinesioterapy (C; n: 18; 47.5 ± 7.75 years) and Kinesiotherapy (K, n: 18; 45.3 ± 8.93 years). The C group was treated by crocheting technique associated with kinesiotherapy using therapeutic ball. The K group performed a kinesiotherapy treatment using just a therapeutic ball. The following parameters were evaluated: abdominal strength, articular range motion and the data of Rolland Morris and Oswestry Disability Index questionnaires were evaluated before and after 8 weeks of treatment. Both groups performed all therapeutic sessions for 50 minutes, three times a week. Results: Significant differences (p<0.05) were found just on time to trunk flexion and extension, right and left lateral trunk, pain and abdominal strength. However, significant differences on time (p<0.05) was found on Rolland Morris and Oswestry data questionaries parameters just on C group, additionally the values of C group were lower than K group after treatment. Conclusion: Both kinesiotherapy isolated and association of crocheting and kinesiotherapy were useful to improve functional parameters, however the data from Rolland Morris and Oswestry questionaries were lower just on crocheting associated to kinesiotherapy group indicating increment on function of lumbar spine and decrease on pain during achievement of daily life.
2. Arguisuelas MD, Lisón JF, Sánchez-Zuriaga D, Martínez-Hurtado I, Doménech-Fernández J. Effects of Myofascial Release in Non-specific Chronic Low Back Pain: A Randomized Clinical Trial.Spine. 2017; 42(9): 627-34.
3. Heapy AA, Higgins DM, Goulet JL, LaChappelle KM, Driscoll MA, Czlapinski RA, et al. Interactive Voice Response-Based Self-management for Chronic Back Pain: The COPES Noninferiority Randomized Trial. JAMA Intern Med. 2017; 177(6); 765-73.
4. Rajfur J, Pasternok M, Rajfur K, Walewicz K, Fras B, Bolach B, et al. Efficacy of Selected Electrical Therapies on Chronic Low Back Pain: A Comparative Clinical Pilot Study. Med Sci Monit. 2017; 23: 85-100.
5. Franco KM, Franco YD, Oliveira NB, Miyamoto GC, Santos MO, Liebano RE, et al. Is Interferential Current before Pilates Exercises More Effective Than Placebo in Patients with Chronic Nonspecific Low Back Pain: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2017; 98(2):320- 28.
6. Alonso AC, Silva ALPP, Oliveira MRB, Brech GC. Efeito da técnica crochetagem nas lesões do manguito rotador. Ter Man. 2009; 7(33): 356-62.
7. Ajimsha MS, Daniel B, Chithra S. Effectiveness of myofascial release in the management of chronic low back pain in nursing professionals. J Bodyw Mov Ther. 2014; 18(2): 273-81.
8. Raimundo AKS, Moreira D, Santana LA. Manual Fotográfico de Goniometria e Fleximetria. Editora: Brasília, 2007.
9. Pitanga FJG. Testes, medidas e avaliações em Educação Física e Esportes. Phorte Editora: São Paulo, 5º ed. 2008.
10. Júnior JJS, Nicholas MK; Pimenta, CDM, Asghari A, Thieme AL. Validação do questionário de incapacidade Roland Morris para dor em geral. Rev Dor 2010; 11(1): 28-36.
11. Saltychev M, Mattie R, McCormick Z, Bärlund E, Laimi K. Psychometric properties of the Oswestry Disability Index. Int J Rehabil Res. 2017; 40(3): 202-208.
12. Oliveira, MAS, Fernandes RSC, Daher SS. Impacto do exercício na dor crônica. Rev. Bras. Med. Esp. 2014; 20(3): 200-3.
13. Pinto RR, Guerino CDS, Consolini DB. Cunha ACV. Relação entre lordose lombar e desempenho da musculatura abdominal em alunos de fisioterapia. Acta Fisiat. 2000; 7(3): 95-98.
14. Krekoukias G, Gelalis ID, Xenakis T, Gioftsos G, Dimitriadis Z, Sakellari V. Spinal mobilization vs. conventional physiotherapy in the management of chronic low back pain due to spinal disk degeneration: a randomized controlled trial. J Man Manip Ther. 2017; 25(2): 66-73.
15. Petrozzi MJ, Leaver A, Jones MK, Ferreira PH, Rubinstein SM, Mackey MG. Does an online psychological intervention improve self-efficacy and disability in people also receiving Multimodal Manual Therapy for chronic low back pain compared to Multimodal Manual Therapy alone? Design of a randomized controlled trial. Chiropr Man Therap. 2015; 23(1): 35.